Saturday, September 19, 2026

Jekyll Island: The Pen

Only a few more days of Summer 2026 left, so I guess it's time to get in some last minute beach fun --without actually having to go to the beach! And digging through my pen collection (as well as Google), I'm thinking Jekyll Island sounds just about perfect, it's definitely a picture-esque coastal destination in Georgia that I have unfortunately never been to. Located about an hour and a half south of Savannah in Glynn County, Jekyll Island is one of the Golden Isles which is part of the Georgia Barrier Islands. Now, not to brag, but my cool old JI souvenir ink pen is as equally lovely, containing fun miniature graphics inside an entire clear half section of the pen casing. On one side we see the original twin, Spanish Mission style towers created in 1958 as the welcoming entrance gate to Jekyll Island State Park. Flip the pen over and we we get a frisky little bikini beach ball action scene, as well as a sizzlin' Georgia peach sun tanning session! Yeah, it's a little faded and blurry, and photographing it just wasn't as easy as one would imagine, but it's still one of my favorite pens in my collection. If you've ever been to Jekyll Island, drop us a comment and let us know what it's like. One more thing I have to admit, I am of course a bit disappointed to learn that the island itself is named after English financier, Sir Joseph Jekyll, and not the classic Robert Louis Stevenson killer character creep. I would def like to add though, --as an aspiring monster myself, --Jekyll Island sounds like the perfect place to Hyde...

No comments: