Who's ready for more groovy 60's go-go girl action? Topper Toys unleashed the amazingly timely, "The Go-Go's" series of dolls in 1967 (see the catalog ad at the very bottom of this post for the full line-up), complete with fun accessories, and each one in her own clear plastic display case. As you can see below, the Swinger's case has become a bit dingy over the years -- or is it just fogged up from all those exhaustin' dance moves like The Pony and The Jerk?! Whatever the case, let's get her out of the case where she can REALLY kick off those shoes and tear it up! Her rubbery body is prime for a variety of dance poses, and her hair, oddly enough, is too. I'm not really sure what it's coated with (could just be age / room pollution) but it's tacky to the touch and unfortunately falls out in hunks if you mess around with it too much. I love her cute little face though, and no matter how you pose her she always looks happy, and with her eyes closed is seemingly lost in her own thoughts and the beat of the music. If you wanna see her in action check out the original TV commercial (HERE!) along with all of the other great dolls from this series. And speaking of, I still have the Private Ida. I did have the Cool Cat as well, but she shimmied off to another lucky collector a little earlier this year! MORE GO-GO GIRLS HERE!!!
6 comments:
She's go-go-ing!
At first glance I thought her bracelets were one of those 80s terry cloth sweatbands
I don't see any joints so I assume this is a wire frame with rubber over it? It's super amazing that one survived without a tear in the rubber, which usually happens. Actually, on second look, I can see the wire, so I guess I answered my own question!
"Ha ha ha, ho ho ho take them every place you go!" Who got paid to lift a melody and write those lyrics over it for that commercial? That's the life I want!
I like the dress, it's super cute. This isn't anything I'd collect but it's a really cool time capsule.
Terrycloth needs to make a serious comeback, asap… especially in black
She has wires sticking out everywhere, and I’m glad you don’t collect these.
Huhn, just like my own hair!
Bendies are the best! This chick is so photogenic. She looks super in all of these pix. Possibly because she's such a righteous accessorizer? Who'd have thought to match the bangles and the shoes? I especially love that her shoes come off, by the way.
Tomboy looks like she's got a black eye in the commercial. We can assume that's from the mosh pit. Okay, okay, I know it's because she plays sports or whatever, but I have to imagine all of these Go-Go Toppers are about dancing, right?
I wonder what kind of dancing that trench coat lady gets up to? She's the other one you still have, right?
Yes, Private Ida (I added a pic of her to the end of this post) —she’s some kind of private eye, or stalker ex who has also apparently fallen on rough times by the looks of that hobo overcoat
Post a Comment