Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanks for Being You

From American Greeting's "Sunbeam Library" (1968), and featuring the most adorable artwork I think I've ever posted on this blog (by the incredible Irene Moran Geiger), Thanks for Being You is my holiday hug to everyone that continues to visit this page, to all those that comment, and basically to everyone who just lets me know you're even still out there, (you know who you are), especially in this age where everyone's jumping ship to Instagram and Tumblr and whatever  / where ever else they've trodded off to over the last few months or years, etc... So, no turkey or pilgrims or indians-- not even yams or pecan pie! Just cuteness overload from an amazing little book* that I found a few weeks ago for only a quarter.

Now, aren't you glad you still come around here?

























*some scans may appear blurry due to book warpage-- Mr. K

10 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

Oh man this is sooo cute. And so incredibly sweet :)

I love the clothes and all the cute little animals all around them.


But I gotta say - I like Tumblr!!!

Mr. Cavin said...

Aw, you're welcome! And thank you for being you too, Karswell.

I love the groovy sixties threads on that white haired girl. This would have been a great find at ten times the price.


Happy Thanksgiving!

Mr. Karswell said...

Speaking of, I did see used copies on amazon starting at $4 —if anyone is interested.

And of course I like Tumblr too, but to be honest it seems a lot less personal in that everyone just seems to share the same images over and over, where as most blogs (at least the ones I still frequent) seems to focus more on original content and people’s own unique finds / scans. It’s all good, but I do miss the original CPC posts.

Happy T Day to everyone! :)

Tom said...

And thanks for being you, Mr. Karswell. I agree, Tumblr/Instagram/Facebook can't replace a well-written blog.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks Tom! Your blog is a perfect example of what I'm talking about! Love it!

Wendy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are south of the border today! Mr. Karswell, I am certainly thankful for you and both of the incredible blogs that you run. I don't comment all that often, but that is in no way a reflection of your content. It's always top notch and first rate, and I never miss any of your posts, either here on And Everything Else Too, or on The Horrors Of It All. In fact, yours are the only blogs that I make a point NOT to miss. Your time and effort are always appreciated, and I enjoy all the interesting and cool things you post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mr. Karswell said...

Awesome!! :) thank you, Wendy!

JMR777 said...

Thanks to you Karswell for all you do and post.

This post with the cute boy and girl is just great, it reminds us that in spite of all the bad and evil in the world, the young ones still find time to play have fun and hope for a better future. Youthful hope defeats cynicism and jadedness.

Again, thanks for the post and Happy Thanksgiving.

Mr. Karswell said...

Well said, JMR— thanks!

nutsilica.blogspot.com said...

Nice book! It perfectly captures a specific warm and innocent feeling.