Saturday, September 29, 2018

Enos Better Says...

I recently found a couple of these late 50's blank note pads courtesy of the Illinois Bell Telephone Company. They were probably given out free to their customers back in the day to keep next to the phone to: jot down numbers! or, doodle upon aimlessly while talking long distance to your boring Aunt Brenda! Fun artwork on the covers though, and signed by someone named "NIX." One also has to wonder what unsafe act possibly happened at IBTC to warrant such a thing like this to even be produced --and I put this challenging question to YOU to safely find out!







And to make this post even more fun, I dood a little doodle...

4 comments:

JMR777 said...

After doing a little poking around here and there on the internet I think the artist is a Sid Hix.

A sample of his work-

https://cdn0.rubylane.com/_pod/item/398016/5189/1948-Sid-Hix78-Comic-Book-Safe-full-6-2048-33.jpg

It looks quite similar to the Enos Better character.


Footnote, sorry I didn't post anything about the giant robot in the previous post. I liked the live action show but anime was never my interest.

Mr. Cavin said...

Well I don't know just what might have befallen the plant department to warrant so much blank paper being stapled together in the name of work safety, but I would certainly like a crack at that Dr. Hyde & Mr. Jekyll solution for self-discipline on the cover there. Beats running a comb through my hair every single morning.

Mr. Karswell said...

Haha! If only it was as easy as finding a full beaker in a random lab —like Bugs Bunny did!

JMR: It’s not anime, it’s the original manga version that the tv show was based upon.

Thanks for the Nix link, you may be right.

Unknown said...

My fave part of this notepad is the cartoon image of the guide and the Bell News!