Tuesday, November 24, 2015

"Philly" Dip Party Handbook

We've already covered the desserts for the big day this week, now it's time for the other important food stuff-- and no, I don't mean the turkey and taters-- I mean the MF'in dips!!! If you've stumbled upon this blog and aren't hip to dips, well today's your lucky day cuz we've got 17 extraordinary ways to flavorfully enhance those chips, shrimps, celery sticks, and Hell, maybe some of you will be dipping your toes into it-- mmm mmm, it's all good! I'm pretty much set on anything that includes Worcestershire sauce in the ingredients, and since that's nearly every recipe here, it's gonna be a tough decision to make cuz OMG they all look amazing! Also amazing here is the fun lay-out of this mid century Philadelphia Cream Cheese booklet itself, (did anyone else know they've been around since 1880??!!) --with cheery little party illustrations and temp-tasty photography that really makes me what to get started on the dip-appetizers NOW!!! Which one will you choose?












7 comments:

Unknown said...

Many years ago I was involved with this guy. It was a doomed relationship. He didn't like dips.

Armpit Studios said...

I'd like to try most of those, but the 2 of us just can't finish that much dip.

Mr. Karswell said...

Definitely a deal breaker --right up there with dating someone that goes to church :P

Mr. Karswell said...

You can do it, man! The Dip commands thee!

Craftypants Carol said...

i would make and eat the hell out of all these dips, even though i find the Philly Catalina Dip to be suspiciously similar to the Philly Party Dip. And the Philly Oriental Dip doesn't sound very oriental. but man that Philly Ham Dip is the first on my list!!!!

Mr. Cavin said...

These little clip illustrations are like magic. Love to see a 600% post of these guys. They look like they were done using colored tissue, a style I always find to be colorful and elegant. And, yeah, dips are certainly more my speed. I love making them--as well as dressings, soups, and sauces. I haven't bought any of that stuff premade in years and years. Takes about four minutes to make a great vinaigrette, while ranch (or french onion dip) is five minutes of mixing and two hours of setting up in the fridge.

Also, with you in the Worcestershire. Any anchovy-based food is aces in my places. (For the record, I do not claim to make my own Worcestershire sauce.)

Mr. Karswell said...

I was thinking I should've 600%'d those illustrations! If I have time today I'll scan and upload some... have a great holiday everyone!! 😊