Friday, April 24, 2015

There Were Three Ghostesses

Have you gotten fingered over at THOIA yet this week? If not, click HERE to get in on that action-- cuz today here at AEET we're greasing down our fistesses right up to our wristesses as we begin winding down the Halloween in April festesses! This is a cute, but very odd little English nursery rhyme that I somehow actually vaguely remember hearing somewhere as a creepy lil kid. No one has ever taken credit for penning it, though the art is by Kelly Oechsli, and comes from Bill Martin, Jr.'s "Sounds Around the Clock" collection from 1966. I'll have more from this book next month too as it's full of great artwork and super fun stories :)


4 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

I'm first in so I'll be the guy to say it -- only in the 60s are they getting away with "greasing their fistesses."

Sorry. Somebody had to do it!

Mr. Karswell said...

I thought I kind of did it in the intro... but we'll give Brian the award anyway since he's such a naughty boy!

Mr. Cavin said...

If that was cheese I'd be heading over. The fact that it's butter is less, uh, inviting.

Excellent image.

Craftypants Carol said...

so if i go to THOIA i get fingered but if i stay at AEET i wonder what might happen.....

and yeah - that's a very bizarre (but cute) rhyme