Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Punch 'n' Party Sweets

I've posted a few other 7Up booklets from the 1960's here at AEET, and still maintain my opinion that whoever was in charge of art direction there during this era really knew their trade. And as we see in this handy "Punch 'n' Parties" guide (1962), more examples of wonderful page lay-out, bold, clean design, great colors, eye popping photography, plus super cute illustrations that truly make it a keeper. Same goes for the few bits of tremendous header key art from Mary Blake's "Party Sweets" booklet (Carnation, 1957) at the end of this post.














(I'll be posting highlights from this "Fun To Cook Book" in the coming weeks-- stay tuned!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love the art in these,they remind me of my childhood so much!

Mr. Karswell said...

Me too!

Amber Von Felts said...

The illustrations really make this booklet. I should really try some of these recipes!

Mr. Karswell said...

If you do, Amber, let us know how it turns out... coincidentally enough, later today I'm picking up a batch of Mountain Dew cupcakes from a friend who is experimenting with some new soda recipes!

Crafty C said...

The only thing I love more than illustrations of food is pictures of food with overly saturated colors! And recipes.

Mr. Karswell said...

Me too 2!

KL from NYC said...

Re: the Carnation Party Sweets booklet --
I don't know which color plate process they used to print these matte-paper booklets back then (it wasn't rotogravure), but the colors never made the food look appetizing.