Monday, December 19, 2011

The International (Xmas) Series

More holiday greeting cards from the Karswell Kollection... these "12 colorful characterizations of xmas spirit in other lands" came packaged in a nicely designed box, and all wonderfully illustrated by Michel Gabo for The International Series #1 set (made in Boston in the 40's or 50's?) Does anyone know if they ever made any other sets in this series?


Amber Von Felts said...

Adorable, outdated stereotypes and all! I especially like the Mexican boy!

Mr. Cavin said...

The Carmen Miranda girl is my hands-down favorite (probably the grinder monkey is next in line). But they are all totally great. Any of them would make a great tattoo.

Karswell said...

My fave is the kid and the polar bear... I guess to my dying day I'll never stop being a sucker for anything from the great white north.