Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Cool Ghoul Monster Coloring Book

From the tiniest book of monster jokes in our last post, now onto the giant, oversized Cool Ghoul Monster Coloring Book in this one, Wanamaker, Inc. published this scanner-eclipsin' monstrosity in 1964, with fun illustrations, and even funnier verse, by H. B. Harn. This thing is so big I had to drag out the crappy camera and snap the pix on my deck outside, (some of them could be better-- sorry!) And FYI: whoever owned this beastly book before me is responsible for coloring 'ol Fishface, as well as the dot-to-dot on the last page. I'm just glad this person didn't cut-out any of the masks!

















6 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

did they know what they were doing to little boys by including the sexy vampire lady? i ask you...

Anonymous said...

WOW,Very cool coloring book, never saw this before!

Amber Von Felts said...

What are all of the notes written around the vampira character? I like that it includes her measurements! That one must've been tossed in for old dad to color!

Mr. Karswell said...

>What are all of the notes written around the vampira character?

I'm glad you asked, Amber... I totally meant to add them to the post in case some of you couldn't actually read them, they're pretty funny, here ya go:

Starting from her drink and going clockwise around her: "Bat 69", "Headbone Connected to the Shoulder Bone", "Flapper", "From Rags to Witches", "Knee Cap", "Hip Chick", "Wotta Waist."

MEASUREMENTS:
Bust: 35
Waist: 27
Hips: 37
Wingspread: 149

Anonymous said...

Wow! That really hit the mark, and this comment would be to say thanks!

Lansure said...

WOW! I have thought about this book many times over the years! My amazing fifth grade teacher was the coolest teacher ever created, and for Halloween we all were given one of these coloring books!!! I don't know where my copy ended up - but I was THRILLED to see that you posted it here!!! THANK YOU! Such amazing fun memories!!!