Saturday, August 15, 2026

Birdwatcher's Handbook (Hospital Edition)

Here's a silly, multi-paged, midcench "get well" greeting card that doubles as a hilariously helpful "handbook." And lol, birdwatching was never more bird-brained than this because for one, we're being led by the cover to believe that this edition is in reference to actual shapely, female human birds, --when in fact, we're simply getting cutely clever comparison gags about our actual literal feathered friends of flight. It's all very well illustrated though, and quite funny too, poking fun at not only the nursing staff and their distinctive behaviours, but our fellow hospital patients as well.

3 comments:

JMR777 said...

This is a humorous look at a serious subject, time in a hospital. I guess laughter is the best medicine, and its cheaper than blue cross payments.

The last page, The Ruffled Grouch, reminds me of the Muppet Sam the Eagle from The Muppet show since they both feature a frowning, grumpy appearance.

Brian Barnes said...

Cute. It's like a more whimsical MAD or Cracked "Look at Nurses." The art is keen -- there's a lot of good expressions and everything is dynamic and has a lot of movement.

I like the little shading that surrounds the pages, too, that's a nice touch. My favorite picture is actually the dog on the cover!

Mr. Cavin said...

Ha ha, I'm that last specimen for sure. Man, this climate totally bites.

Cute booklet. I cracked up at the "black and blue markings on the tail." Poor guy.