I found this cute ADA (American Dairy Association) milk maid collector glass recently, and after tirelessly researching it, still have not unearthed much information about it. There is of course very much online info about ADA itself, as well as the rich history behind the "Alice in Dairyland" program which began back in 1948. But, despite all of my tugging and squeezing of the 'ol internet tit for more, and whether or not this lovely milk maid mascot glass illustration below is part of that fine tradition too, well... let's just say I'm left udderly clueless.
8 comments:
What a delightful little mystery in her polka dot cap! The internet may have proven moo-t but at least these delicious milk puns will never fail us 😋
How udderly dumb of me to spell it wrong too, lol (*corrected) —I am quite legen-dairy when it comes to typos though.
Anyway, glad I could still a-mooz one of yoo!
It sure is cute imagining why this spokes-lass is navigating all the various pastoral bullhockey of a dairy farm with her face all done up and wearing her best big-shouldered minidress and dainty little pumps (so that's where they get the term "cowslips"). At least she's wearing an apron. She sure musta been planning to be somewhere awfully special for breakfast after her chores were finally checked-off.
A date with biscuits ‘n gravy always sounds heavenly
Well, I'm a bit disappointed. Usually when there's a cute woman on a glass on this blog pouring liquid in the glass makes them undress!
Not to add to the mystery, but the state of Wisconsin is prominently featured on this.
I’ll try to make it up to you with some form of undressing woman by month’s end. Stay wombed…
She looks a little, just a little, like Daisy Mae from Lil Abner. Maybe she is Daisy Mae's cousin from Wisconsin.
She is the second mystery maid on a glass object to appear on AEET, the first being the Tid-Bit she devil from Cleveland Ohio posted here on Jan 27, 2025.
I doubt this dairy queen is related to the Tid-Bit she devil, though if someone wanted to create a Jekyll and Hyde story featuring ad models....
UP NEXT:
Tid-Bit vs. Milk Maid!
Post a Comment