Saturday, October 3, 2026

Welcome to Clifton Hill!

Back in a mid-August AEET post HERE, I mentioned having visited Clifton Hill in Niagra Falls, Canada this summer, and only just now have I suddenly remembered that I never showed you some of the dang pix from this "Monster Mecca" tourist trap town of awesome! And of course October is an even better time to share these images now, because Clifton Hill is one seriously spook-filled place, almost obnoxiously overloaded with haunted houses, wax museums, rides, and a perplexin' plethora of amusements ominously designed to make you screeeeam --yep, even the ice scream! So once you've gotten an eyeful of that gorgeous giant waterfall, just turn around and head back inland a few blocks to start blastin' some ghosts, or stumble around inside a pitch black spook house or two, or three... errr, or four, plus go-karts, arcades, a Frankenstein themed roller coaster on the roof of a Burger King (!!!), Ripley's, Tussaud's, annnd etc etc. Sweet Jesus, don't ya dare even get me started on all of the tasty food 'n freakin' gift shops!

5 comments:

  1. Could this be Karswell's home away from home?
    If an amp can go to eleven this spooky place goes way past 13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know when you mention internet celebrities (outside of Mr. Karswell, who is the best internet celebrity!) but YT guy The Carpetbagger did a walkthrough and ride through of all the attractions if you don't think you'll ever get there.

    One day, maybe, for me! I remember a much more low budget version of these kind of attractions in a couple places I went to and always go. Here, there's so much to love, from the spray painted 3d effect ghosts in the first picture, to the cool Countess painting, to all the tourist trap building facades, just very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun, but those fabulous facades, as usual, completely oversell what actually happens inside, —cuz to be honest, there wasn’t a whole lot going on visually aside from the one picture I took of Frankenstein‘s lab.

      Delete
  3. The outsides of these places are good enough, though. Nothing beats a roadside tourist trap of kitsch monster boomer architecture. I just love that Ripley's Odditorium building facade--just narrowly edging out the green Frankenstein house (in the back of the Burger King photo) as my fave here. All of the places I loved like this back in the seventies are pretty much gone--in some cases their vestiges have been re-tasked to hold modern strip mall chain stores and the like, but even that is rare. I feel like I have to get to this place before it's just a memory, too. Thanks for all the pix!

    ReplyDelete