Monday, July 27, 2026

Li'l Abernathy!

Mr. Karswell likes nothing more than a nutty 'ol satirical, comic book spoof. We just did it over at THOIA (HERE!) when we married that freaky teen-age fly. Let's do it again here at AEET now, but instead'a monsters, lets take a whackity whack at another Mr. K fave-- L'il Abner! From the madcap March 1954 issue of Premier Magazines Nuts #1, with poor "Lazy May" shorely and sorely gettin' wrung through sum hysterical, hillbilly hi-jinx! Dawww! Artist remains in question...

1 comment:

  1. I went to the GCD link to check out the Nuts covers and man are those busy! I can see why they only got to 5 issues, I doubt they were flying off the shelves.

    Which is kind of weird, because the inside is really restrained. There's a couple good sight gags here and there (the beard having a face on the first panel is my favorite) but most of the humor comes from character interaction or wacky hi jinks.

    Again, another artist doing a good job of aping Elder / Wood type of art and some good action.

    It's a fun one, for sure!

    ReplyDelete